We're happy to welcome Arduino as the latest member of the Sigfox family!
The new MKRFOX1200 board offers makers & tech enthusiasts a very simple way to take their IoT projects out in the real world, thanks to the long range Sigfox network.
The detailed product page is available on http://www.arduino.cc We want to make access to the Sigfox technology as simple & seamless as possible.
We believe this new solution will make it even easier for anybody to get started, thanks to Arduino online shop, community and simple IDE
As every Sigfox development kits, the MKR1200 includes full access to the Sigfox service :
- Online activation
- Platinum contract : 140 uplink & 4 downlink messages per day
- Sigfox cloud platform features:
- Simple dashboard & metrics
- Configurable Callbacks : forward incoming messages to your application(s) server(s)
- REST API
Users of the MKRFOX will also be the first to get full access to the new Sigfox geolocation service.
This service offers kilometric-precision geolocation (accuracy depending on local network density), without any GPS/Glonass/Galileo module.
Access to this service will be open to all developers in the near future.
Please note that the first version of the MKRFOX1200 is compatible with the Sigfox Radio Configuration Zone 1 (868MHz, 14dBm)
This means it will work all over the Sigfox covered countries in Europe (+ French overseas), Middle East & South Africa, but not in the Americas or Asia/Pacific
Sigfox growing family of developer solutions
2017 has been already been busy with new solutions for makers & developers :
- Pycom Sipy, with a Sigfox + Wifi + Bluetooth module, available for all Sigfox territories. (Excluding Japan, still in development)
- SNOC €20 module breakout, using a Wisol SFM10R1 module
- Snootlab Akeru for RCZ2, the famous Akeru board adapted to Sigfox RCZ2 (USA + Mexico + Brazil)
- Thinxtra XKit, a all-in-one solution : Arduino board + Sigfox-ready Wisol module + a set of onboard sensors, available for all zones (excluding Japan at the moment)
Discover all available devkits & evaluation boards
Sigfox is a solution dedicated to giving a voice to the physical world, thanks to our dedicated network.
We provide an inexpensive, reliable and low power solution for connecting sensors and devices.
The Sigfox protocol focuses on...
- Simplicity - No configuration, connection request or signalling
- Autonomy - Extremely low energy consumption; allowing years of autonomy on a single battery charge
- Small Payload - No large assets or multimedia, only small messages
HardwareTo start sending messages over the Sigfox network, you'll need to use a Sigfox-compatible communication module or development kit.
These are available from a large number of our partners, using standard radio chipsets.
CoverageAs Sigfox isn't intended for private networks, so you'll need to be in an area covered by our network to connect to our network. Fortunately, we're rapidly rolling out our global network so please contact us if you're located in a not-yet covered country or area and we'll do our best to provide you access to the network as soon as possible.
Service AccessSigfox is a service provider so you'll need a valid contract with us or your local Sigfox operator to retrieve the messages you send. Fortunately, a free contract with access to the complete Sigfox service, is included with all of our partner development kits!
Contact us if you need access to the service for prototypes built using modules rather than dev kits.